Melee made Gate potions

Moderators: Farzooma, Smatin

Smatin

Melee made Gate potions

Post by Smatin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:38 am

Melee made Gate potions

Another Post i shamelessly copied from another site. Allthough there are enough other way's to port/gate, this 1 isn't bad either.

In case some of you havent heard, we melee classes can now make our own gate potions (at least until we really piss off the dorfs).

Here's how:

(not written by me)

Here is the info on how to make the self teleport potion to thurgadin! In total took me 1 hour to get skill up in pottery to 125 and 2 hours to get ingredients in CC for about 6 of them. There are 3 things you need to do: 1 get your skill up in pottery, 2 get the ingredients from CC and 3 get the container to combine them in from Frundle
Frenkler in town.

1) To start you need to get your skill in pottery up to 120 or 125. To do this is easy and will cost less then 100pp and takes a hour or so. Go to any skill site and
find the easy way to do it.

2) Now you need to collect your ingedients. Go to CC. everything you need is there. hunt the miners up top for the small pieces and small bricks of velium. then drop
(make sure you have lev!) down to the bottom, run through the dorf town, and into the hall with the velium crawlers, spiderlings, and webmasters. in about an hour,
i had a stack of these and gated out.

head back to thurgadin. go in the bank. the vendor on the very left sells crystal shards and HQ firing sheets. buy 2 crystal shards and 1 HQ firing sheet.

go click on the pottery wheel in the bank. put the items in like this:

crystalline silk
crystalline silk
crystalline silk
glass shard
glass shard
small brick of velium

do not stack the silks. also, even though all other pottery i've done always requires a water flask, do not use one. i tried and it didn't combine. so NO WATER FLASK!
i'm around 100 in pottery and it was not trivial.

you will get an unfired velious vial.

right next to the pottery wheel is the kiln. combine the vial you just made with a high quality firing sheet. this will produce a velious vial. it was trivial at

3)Find Frundle Frenkler to get container. She is by the Pally guild in a building.

Hail her and say:

You say, "what velium vapors?"
Frundle Frenkler says "Ahh, you come seeking my family recipe? After all you've done for our people it's the least I can do. First you must fashion a velium vial, then
combine the vial with two small pieces of velium in this jar. That's all there is to it. Please keep the recipe a secret."

You say, "what velium vial?"
Frundle Frenkler says "I'm no potter mind you, but if I remember correctly it's a small brick of velium, three crystalline silks, and two glass shards. Then you'll
have to finish up by firing it in a kiln with a high quality firing sheet."

she will give you a 4 slot purifier. it is a container, so you will need an open inventory slot.

now, open that purifier box that you got and put in the vial, and 2 small pieces of velium. make sure they are not stacked.

small piece of velium
small piece of velium
velious vial

hit combine and you will have a vial of velium vapors.

VIAL OF VELIUM VAPORS
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
EXPENDABLE CHARGES:1
Effect: thurgadin gate
All/all

Gates you to the Bridge over the pit in Thurgadin

Btw they are No Drop and Lore so you can only have one at a time .....but you can keep the materials in the bank and make another in about 5 min since you are in thurgadin
already. This is like having dual bind points for melee classes.

The velium vials (fired and unfired) are NOT lore, so you can do like me and keep a bag of them in the bank waiting to be combined with the velium pieces for the last
step

- Everything except the initial components (silk, etc.) is NO DROP.

- It was trivial for me at 125.

Casting time is 10 seconds, which I think is better than shaman and store bought.

Smatin

Re: Melee made Gate potions

Post by Smatin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:39 am

I cleaned up the instructions a bit and added some pottery info and links

Items you need and where to get them:

crystalline silk - Velium crawlers, spiderlings, and webmasters (yech! spiders) in the Crystal caves
small brick of velium - Orc miners in the Crystal caves
small piece of velium - Orc miners in the Crystal caves
crystal shards - Thurgadin pottery vendor, leftmost vendor in the Thurgadin bank area
high quality firing sheets - Thurgadin pottery vendor, leftmost vendor in the Thurgadin bank area
purifier box - Frundle Frenkler, potion shop across from the paladin guild in Thurgadin. Ask her "what velium vapors?" to get this container(leave an inventory slot open for this).

Please save your self some frustration and spend the extra 15 - 20 minutes to get your pottery skill to 130+.

Step 1 - Create the unfired velious vial.

Combine the following in the pottery wheel to make an Unfired velious vial:

crystalline silk (Do NOT stack the silks)
crystalline silk
crystalline silk
glass shard
glass shard
small brick of velium

This is NOT trivial at 100 skill

Step 2 - Create the Velious vial.

Combine the following in the kiln to make a Velious vial.

high quality firing sheet
unfired velious vial

This is NOT trivial at 100 skill

Step 3 - Create the Vial of velium vapors (Thurgadin gate potion).

Combine the following in the purifier box

small piece of velium (Do NOT stack the small pieces of velium)
small piece of velium
velious vial

Hit combine and you will have a vial of velium vapors, (NO DROP\LORE) one charge of "Thurgadin gate".

This info was gathered from a post on Allakhazam's
eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=1199&mid=98464674857314 I have edited this to clean it up a bit.